Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Literrary Essay May 28th, 2014


Blood on the River:
Literary Essay by:
Simon Oliver Stevens



(Claim)
My claim for Blood on the River is that, Samuel found a new family.



(Reasons)
(Reason 1) One reason, Sam steals Ann's baby, Virginia, and brings her to Point Comfort, to make Ann and John Laydon to come to Point Comfort, because he wants Ann to be safe, because Sam beilieves that Point Comfort will be safer, which it ends up being.
(Reason 2) Another reason, of why I think my claim is ____, is that, in the book, it says “After she,” being Ann “heard what happened to Captain Ratcliffe, Ann begged Captain Davies to retract my sentance,” (Page #216) and Ann does this because, I think, because Sam is the only one with the beeds, and the people of Point Comfort's only chance to survive. Another reason I think Ann did this, is because Sam was like a son to Ann and John.
(Reason 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment